Are you energetic, enthusiastic, love to work with children and want to give back to your community?
We are looking for responsible volunteers that are passionate about camp! If you are a team player, demonstrate leadership capabilities, have strengths in group environments and delivery in a wide range of specialized programming areas, such as Outdoor activities, Orthodox faith, Arts, Drama, Dance, Hiking and sports, etc, then Camp Met is for you!
Counselors hold the most important job at camp as they are the role models for our campers! You are the campers’ caregiver, instructor, leader, positive role model, and best friend. Counselors enjoy meals with their campers, assist in activity programs, participate with them during evening programs, theme days, fun with other cabins and much, much more! All Counselors help to facilitate friendships, cabin identity, mutual support, and help build unforgettable memories. They ensure that campers have a safe and healthy camp experience.
“To gather our Orthodox youth for a session during which they will be able to enjoy Orthodox Christian fellowship with one another, and grow in the faith through participation in sessions and activities which are routed in the Orthodox tradition and faith.”
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Previous camper or camp related experience is required.
- Involvement in the community is preferred. (ex. Greek Festivals, Fundraisers)
- Involvement in the church is preferred. (ex. Sunday School, Greek Dance)
- A current Police Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check is required immediately after an offer has been made and a copy must be emailed prior to Camp Met Start Date.
- A Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C Qualification is preferred for all successful applicants but is not mandatory.
- It is the applicants responsibility to attend the Volunteer Counselor Orientation that is provided at the date disclosed to successful applicants.
- It is the applicants responsibility to cover the cost of the Police Record/Vulnerable Sector check.
- It is the applicants responsibility to attend an interview on a date in which we will specify**All successful applicants must attend all the dates provided for Interview, Orientation and Meetings in order to attend Camp Metamorphosis Ontario 2019.